Chhattisgarh to supply 300 MW power to KarnatakaJanuary 18th, 2009 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 18 (IANS) In an attempt to end the power crisis in Karnataka, Chhattisgarh will supply about 300 MW electricity to the southern state, an official said Sunday.”We have formally approved the Karnataka government’s request. Initially about 300 MW will be supplied from this month,” an official in the energy department told IANS.
The mineral-rich state agreed to supply power after Karnataka energy minister K.S. Eshwarappa met Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh here Saturday. Both the states are governed by Bharatiya Janata Party-led administrations.
The official said land at the Godhna village of the coal abundant Janjgir district of Chhattisgarh will be soon acquired as Karnataka wants to “move fast” on its Rs.60 billion thermal power project.
State-owned Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd (KPCL) signed an agreement with the Chhattisgarh government in September 2008 to set up a 1,200 MW coal-fired plant at Godhna.
“The Karnataka government is keen to commission the Godhna power plant by 2012 to bridge its widening demand and supply gap. Chhattisgarh has assured it will take care of all its (Karnataka’s) needs,” the official added.
- Work on Chhattisgarh power plant by year-end - Mar 09, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to get 2,000 MW power from NTPC project - Nov 26, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to add 1,500 MW power by 2012 - Nov 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to sign MOU with Railways for new project - Feb 17, 2012
- Power plant protest turns violent, dozens injured - Jan 17, 2011
- Power plant protest turns violent, dozens injured (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Chhattisgarh farmers renew protest against power project - Jan 18, 2011
- Massive power cuts in Karnataka, Bangalore spared - Oct 10, 2011
- Karnataka ties up for 1,000 MW power from NTPC, Neyveli - Jan 04, 2011
- GMR Energy faces court case over Chhattisgarh project - Sep 08, 2011
- Karnataka power crisis worsens, to buy 300 MW from Punjab - Sep 30, 2011
- Karnataka seeks more coal, power to stave off crisis - Oct 08, 2011
- Visa Power faces court case for illegal construction - Sep 08, 2011
- Karnataka team in Delhi to ask for power - Oct 12, 2011
- BGR Energy bags order for two 300 MW power plants - Nov 17, 2011