Chhattisgarh to meet corporates to draft industrial policyJanuary 20th, 2009 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 20 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Chhattisgarh will take the help of the corporate sector in drafting a new industrial policy, it said Tuesday.”I have started working on a draft of the new industrial policy for the next five years and I have decided to hold separate discussions with experts, industrialists and industry bodies such as CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) and Ficci (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry),” Chief Minister Raman Singh told IANS.
The state, which was carved out of Madhya Pradesh in November 2000, has around a fifth of the country’s coal and iron ore deposits. It announced its first industrial policy for a period of five years in 2004.
Singh, who holds the industry portfolio as well, said the new industrial policy would focus on ensuring Chhattisgarh emerged as industry’s most favoured destination.
“I would like to bring in an industrial revolution in impoverished regions such as southern Bastar and northern Surguja regions,” Singh said.
- Why prevent companies from mining now: CM Raman Singh (Interview) - Feb 17, 2011
- Why stop mining in projects already under way: CM Raman Singh (Interview) (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Railways to improve services in Chhattisgarh - Feb 08, 2012
- Chhattisgarh can maintain 11 percent GDP: Raman Singh - Dec 08, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to sign MOU with Railways for new project - Feb 17, 2012
- Chhattisgarh on alert against Maoist strike - Aug 14, 2011
- Raman Singh slams Congress on coal block allocations - Aug 27, 2012
- Anti-railway protest halts iron ore shipments (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to press for rail network in tribal areas - Feb 06, 2012
- Funds no problem for Maoist-hit areas: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to tap solar energy for clean water supply - Dec 06, 2011
- Chhattisgarh signs pact for rail corridors (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- NMDC's Chhattisgarh steel plant to be ready by 2012 - Aug 18, 2010
- BJP keeps Maoist issue alive in Chhattisgarh: Congress - Jun 09, 2011
- Export of natural resources a crime: Raman Singh - Nov 25, 2010