Chhattisgarh Left parties rally behind AnnaAugust 23rd, 2011 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 23 (IANS) Left parties took out rallies across Chhattisgarh Tuesday in support of anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare, a statement said.
The Communist Party of India (CPI) and the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) held rallies in Raipur, Bilaspur and the state’s industrial towns of Korba, Raigarh and Bhilai, a statement by the parties said.
Meanwhile, the support for Hazare grew in capital Raipur with school students, traders and government employees joining peace protests in the heart of the city at Budha Talab.
Chief Minister Raman Singh too extended support to Hazare and said his version of Jan Lokpal bill can help combat corruption.
“The government’s proposed Lokpal bill is too weak. It’s totally meaningless to have such kind of legislation in the country which has been facing one after another major corruption scandals during the Congress-led regime at the centre,” Singh told reporters.
- Chhattisgarh government staff rally for Anna - Aug 22, 2011
- Traders, students join Anna's protest in Chhattisgarh - Aug 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh supports Anna, 80 court arrest (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Anna supporters celebrate in Chhattisgarh - Aug 28, 2011
- Crowds swell in Chhattisgarh to support Anna - Aug 17, 2011
- Support pours in for Anna Hazare in Chhattisgarh - Apr 08, 2011
- Raipur shuts to support Anna - Aug 27, 2011
- Hazare gets more support in Himachal - Aug 17, 2011
- Chhattisgarh shutdown against hiked excise duty on gold - Mar 30, 2012
- Lokpal bill done in 'unusual haste': CPI - Dec 22, 2011
- Government okays key anti-graft bills to counter Anna threat - Dec 14, 2011
- All party meeting urges Hazare to end fast (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Jharkhand activists support Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Protest in Raipur against Anna Hazare's detention - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: anti graft, bilaspur, chief minister, combat corruption, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, corruption scandals, CPI, crusader, government employees, heart of the city, left parties, legislation, peace protests, raigarh, raipur, rallies, rally, regime, school students