Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest (Lead)April 3rd, 2012 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Apr 3 (IANS) Senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer B.S. Maravi died of cardiac arrest in Chhattisgarh Tuesday, an official said.
Maravi, 57, known as a dynamic police officer, was posted as inspector general of the Bilaspur range. He had suffered a massive heart attack Sunday night at Bilaspur town, some 110 km from here, and was rushed to Apollo Hospital.
Belonging to the 1990 batch, he was known as a brilliant officer.
Politicians and the senior police officers recalled his contribution to the state and called him a brave and honest police officer. Maravi had successfully led several anti-Maoist drives during his lengthy postings in insurgency-hit areas.
Chief Minister Raman Singh condoled his death as “a great loss to the state” while Minister of State for Agriculture and Congress leader Charan Das Mahant termed him “a brave and bold officer” who served the state with sincerity and dedication.
The death of the Bilaspur IG came barely a month after the death of another IPS officer, Rahul Sharma, in the state. He had shot himself dead in the same Bilaspur town March 12.
The 2002-batch 37-year-old Sharma was the Bilaspur district superintendent of police when he committed suicide in mysterious circumstances.
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest - Apr 03, 2012
- IPS official commits suicide - Mar 12, 2012
- Dantewada massacre: Chhattisgarh reluctant to act against IPS officers - May 23, 2010
- Chhattisgarh police officer shoots himself - Jan 22, 2011
- Former Mumbai police commissioner Hasan Gafoor dead (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- New Chhattisgarh police chief to take over next week - Jul 16, 2011
- A Tamil Nadu-born police officer acts in Bhojpuri film - May 03, 2012
- Will make UP crime free, says olice chief - Mar 19, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Court puts curbs on Gujarat cop's arrest - Aug 16, 2010
- Team Anna calls for law to protect whistleblowers - Mar 09, 2012
- Stay on senior Gujarat cop's arrest extended - Aug 20, 2010
- Shifting of officials continues in UP - Mar 31, 2012
- Administrative tribunal gives relief to Gujarat cop - Apr 21, 2011
- Tripura's new police chief takes charge - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: apollo hospital, bilaspur district, cardiac arrest, charan, chief minister, congress leader, district superintendent, heart attack, indian police service, inspector general, ips officer, mahant, maoist, massive heart attack, minister of state, mysterious circumstances, police officer, police officers, raman singh, sincerity