Chhattisgarh heightens security along MaharashtraMarch 27th, 2012 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 27 (IANS) Chhattisgarh deployed more troopers Tuesday in its insurgency-hit Rajnandgaon district bordering Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli where Maoists killed paramilitary troopers.
“Security has been stepped up along with Gadchiroli district. We have deployed more forces in this forested pocket to keep track on Maoists who may try to sneak into Chhattisgarh,” a police officer here told IANS.
Chhattisgarh has witnessed several major attacks by Maoists in the past six years.
But Maoist violence has surprisingly subsidized in the past five to six months.
Police have urged legislators, mainly those who represent areas affected by Maoist insurgency, to avoid sudden trips into the interiors.
This follows the abduction of a ruling party legislator in Orissa.
- Chhattisgarh legislators advised to be alert while on tour - Mar 26, 2012
- Security up in Chhattisgarh as Maoists to boycott R-Day - Jan 25, 2012
- 498 killed in Maoist violence since March 2010: Chhattisgarh - Mar 28, 2012
- Chhattisgarh on alert as Maoists mark anniversary - Sep 21, 2011
- Six civilians, two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh violence (Second Lead) - May 16, 2010
- Maoists slaughter six civilians in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 16, 2010
- Chhattisgarh on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- Maoists kill six civilians in Chhattisgarh - May 16, 2010
- Maoists abduct five Chhattisgarh cops - Jan 25, 2011
- Six civilians, two Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh (Third Lead) (With Images) - May 16, 2010
- Chhattisgarh seeks waiver on anti-Maoist forces expenditure - Jan 19, 2011
- Bombs found in Chhattisgarh's Maoist heartland - Jan 01, 2012
- Chhattisgarh assesses rural development, skips rebel areas - Apr 18, 2012
- Maoists kill trader on charges of spying - Mar 21, 2011
- Three ITBP men killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - Oct 08, 2010