Chhattisgarh heads for photo finishDecember 8th, 2008 - 11:52 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 8 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress were Monday morning heading for a photo finish in the race for control over the 90-member state assembly.The BJP was leading in 37 segments while the Congress was ahead in 34. The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) was leading in two seats.
In the outgoing state assembly, the BJP has 52 members, Congress 34 while the BSP and the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) have one seat each while two seats are vacant.
The Congress fought polls in the mineral rich state for the first time in alliance and contested 87 seats, leaving three to the NCP.
- Kidwai files papers for Rajya Sabha poll - Jun 07, 2010
- BJP member files nomination for Rajya Sabha polls - Jun 02, 2010
- Mohsina Kidwai elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha - Jun 10, 2010
- Congress holds edge in split Uttarakhand verdict (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP names woman candidate for Chhattisgarh by-poll - Sep 13, 2010
- Chhattisgarh assembly's monsoon session to be stormy - Jul 25, 2010
- BJP defeats Congress in Chhattisgarh by-poll (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- Uttarakhand headed for hung assembly - Mar 06, 2012
- UP: SP on top, BJP surges, BSP set for rout (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP extends lead in Uttarakhand (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP leading in Uttarakhand - Mar 06, 2012
- Close contest in Uttarakhand (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- BJP ahead of Congress in Rajasthan civic polls - Aug 21, 2010