Chhattisgarh government staff strike over payAugust 21st, 2008 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 21 (IANS) Over 250,000 Chhattisgarh government employees went on a daylong strike Thursday demanding an immediate hike in salaries as recommended by the Sixth Pay Commission.”Government work has been paralysed as more than 250,000 officers and employees stayed away from duty,” Subhash Mishra, convenor of the Chhattisgarh Employees-Officers Joint Forum, told IANS.
“We will go on an indefinite strike if the government does not raise salaries,” he added. “The state government must immediately accept the Pay Commission recommendations.”
Reports reaching here say the strike was a total success in all the 18 districts. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Chhattisgarh will likely implement the pay panel’s suggestion given forthcoming assembly polls in October-November.
The central government Aug 14 approved the new pay scale structure for five million government employees. This will see an average salary increase of 21 percent, and cost the exchequer Rs.221.31 billion in the current fiscal.
- Chhattisgarh state staff to strike work over pay - Aug 17, 2008
- Chhattisgarh to implement Pay Commission recommendations - Aug 27, 2008
- Mumbai civic workers call off strike - Sep 21, 2011
- Call for industrial shutdown in four Telangana districts - Sep 30, 2011
- Bus employees to continue strike for Telangana - Oct 09, 2011
- Maharashtra government staff strike hits work - Nov 15, 2011
- Bihar government staff strike hits flood, drought relief - Aug 27, 2010
- Chhattisgarh shutdown against hiked excise duty on gold - Mar 30, 2012
- Bihar employees protest over non-implementation of Sixth Pay Commission recommendations - Aug 23, 2010
- Another pre-poll sop for over 300,000 'babus' (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Manipur likely to invoke ESMA to break employees' strike - Feb 26, 2010
- Two lakh Bihar government employees on strike - Aug 23, 2010
- Chhattisgarh staff withdraw strike - Aug 29, 2008
- Madhya Pradesh to implement Pay Commission recommendations - Aug 28, 2008
- Manipur employees threaten indefinite stir over pay hike - Jan 03, 2010