Chhattisgarh government hauled up over CAG exposeApril 4th, 2012 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 4 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s opposition Congress grilled the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state assembly Wednesday over a report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) pointing to lapses that had led to huge revenue losses.
Congress members raised slogans and created a ruckus in the assembly over the CAG report and urged speaker Dharamlal Kaushik to allow a detailed discussion in the house about the CAG report that slammed various government departments and corporations for bypassing laws in key decisions that caused huge revenue loss to the state.
The Congress that has 39 members in a 90-member house staged a walk out when the speaker rejected demand for a debate on the issue.
The Congress members, who raised vociferous slogans against the BJP government, said that the CAG report had vindicated their long-standing charges that the saffron regime is mired into corruption.
The Congress has also announced to take the CAG expose against the BJP regime to public.
The CAG had in its report Tuesday for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, made several exposes and said that the state-owned Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation (CMDC) accepted lower rates for commercial mining of coal blocks in the state which had led to a revenue loss of over Rs.1,000 crore.
The report has made adverse comments against several other state-owned corporations such as Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation (CSIDC) for causing a massive loss to the state by its decisions.
- Slap criminal cases after CAG expose: Ajit Jogi - Apr 05, 2012
- 'Chhattisgarh coal block rates led to Rs. 1,000 crore loss' - Apr 03, 2012
- Congress to take Chhattisgarh's coal mining expose to public - Apr 16, 2012
- BJP gags Chhattisgarh seniors over CAG report - Apr 09, 2012
- Congress creates uproar in Chhattisgarh assembly - Mar 26, 2012
- Raman Singh defends government in wake of CAG report - Apr 11, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari, BJP says charges baseless (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Congress protest against Chhattisgarh CM turns violent - Sep 04, 2012
- Fierce debate as Chhattisgarh assembly discusses no-trust motion - Dec 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly adjourned amid protests - Dec 08, 2010
- Congress attacks Gadkari - Apr 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh assembly to take up no-trust motion Friday - Dec 15, 2011
- House panel to probe Chhattisgarh 'dam sale' - Mar 04, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly stalled over 'dam sell-out' - Mar 03, 2011
- 29 Chhattisgarh legislators suspended - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: april 4, bjp government, cag report, coal, comptroller, congress members, corruption, csidc, fiscal year ended march, government departments, lapses, massive loss, mineral development, opposition congress, revenue losses, rs 1, ruckus, saffron, slogans, state assembly