Chhattisgarh government defeats censure motionDecember 20th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 20 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government Tuesday defeated a no-confidence motion moved by the Congress opposition.
The BJP, which is in power in the mineral-rich state since December 2003, defeated the motion by a margin of 48-37 votes at the end of a 23-hour debate in the winter session of the 90-member assembly.
This was the first no-confidence motion against the Raman Singh government in its second tenure that began Dec 12, 2008.
The motion, moved by Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey, came up for discussion Friday at 12 noon. The house witnessed intense debate on the motion Friday, Monday and finally Tuesday.
- Chhattisgarh government defeats no-confidence motion (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Fierce debate as Chhattisgarh assembly discusses no-trust motion - Dec 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly to take up no-trust motion Friday - Dec 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh parties prepare strategy ahead of winter session - Dec 14, 2011
- Andhra assembly adjourned for second day without business - Dec 02, 2011
- Congress plans to move no-trust motion in Chhattisgarh - Dec 13, 2011
- 36 Chhattisgarh legislators suspended for stalling assembly - Dec 07, 2010
- No-trust motion defeated in Andhra assembly - Dec 06, 2011
- 21 Jagan loyalists to vote against Congress government - Dec 03, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly adjourned amid protests - Dec 08, 2010
- Andhra governor prorogues legislature - Jun 07, 2011
- Himachal assembly takes up no-confidence motion - Aug 28, 2012
- Chhattisgarh chief minister, legislators to declare assets - Mar 09, 2010
- No-trust motion against Dhumal defeated in Himachal (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Andhra assembly takes up debate on no-confidence motion - Dec 05, 2011