Chhattisgarh denies blue films made with tribal girlsJanuary 15th, 2010 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 15 (IANS) Chhattisgarh government Friday rejected charges of the opposition Congress that placement agencies have been using tribal girls in the state for making blue films.
“It’s incorrect to say that cases of tribal girls being used in blue films were reported. In fact, not a single such case is found,” Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar said in the state assembly in a written reply to a call attention notice of Congress MLA and former home minister Nandkumar Patel.
Kanwar said the government had always acted tough whenever the cases of human trafficking of girls were reported.
Referring to an NGO’s findings, Patel in his call attention notice mentioned that 144 placement agencies were involved in human trafficking in the state’s Jashpur district alone. These agencies had taken 3,170 girls to metropolitan cities illegally from 259 villages and forced them to appear in blue films.
- 20,000 Chhattisgarh girls sold: Jogi - Nov 13, 2011
- Staged gunfights: Congress walks out of Chhattisgarh assembly - Sep 09, 2011
- Congress walks out from Chhattisgarh house on trafficking - Mar 19, 2010
- Chhattisgarh records 358 rapes, 394 killings in 135 days - Dec 07, 2010
- Human trafficker held in Chhattisgarh - Nov 11, 2011
- Chhattisgarh house paralysed over Dantewada rampage, minister blames Maoists - Mar 29, 2011
- 498 killed in Maoist violence since March 2010: Chhattisgarh - Mar 28, 2012
- Fierce debate as Chhattisgarh assembly discusses no-trust motion - Dec 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh government defeats no-confidence motion (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- 29 Chhattisgarh legislators shown door for uproar (Lead) - Mar 12, 2010
- Essar channelised money to Maoists: Chhattisgarh - Dec 16, 2011
- Congress meets Chhattisgarh governor on farmers' suicide - Jan 10, 2012
- IPS official commits suicide - Mar 12, 2012
- Apply Chhattisgarh's special security law to Essar, says Congress - Sep 23, 2011
- Chhattisgarh arrests 66 poachers - Dec 24, 2011