Chhattisgarh court summons union minister in defamation suitApril 6th, 2009 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 6 (IANS) A Chhattisgarh court Monday issued summons in a defamation suit against union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning V. Narayanasamy for allegedly accusing a former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) minister of corruption.
A case has been registered against Narayanasamy under section 499 and 500 of the Indian Penal Code.
The minister has been asked to appear in person or through a lawyer by June 25 to reply to the charges in the court, Ramakant Mishra, counsel of former BJP minister Ajay Chandrakar, told reporters. Chandrakar was present.
The BJP leader said he was “forced to file a case against the union minister as he accused me in August last year at a press conference of Rs.1,000 crore corruption when I was minister of panchayat and rural development in the BJP government.”
Chandrakar said he moved court as the allegation had “severely damaged” his image as a politician and “also caused me huge mental tension which was one of the reasons I lost the assembly polls”.
The union minister, who was in Raipur Monday for the Congress’ poll campaign, told reporters: “I will face the charges boldly in court.”
- Defamation case filed against union minister in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2009
- Central minister gets bail in defamation case - Aug 25, 2009
- Union minister gets relief in defamation case - Sep 16, 2009
- PMO rejects allegations against Manmohan, Team Anna cries foul (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Congress defends Virbhadra Singh - Jun 26, 2012
- Dikshit records statement in court against BJP leader - May 30, 2012
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Third Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh to appear in court in graft case (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh to appear in court in graft case - Aug 31, 2012
- Chidambaram in dock for poll result, opposition demands resignation (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- Tainted Virbhadra Singh goes, vows to fight on (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh resigns from cabinet (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012