Chhattisgarh cop killed in Maoist attackSeptember 16th, 2011 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Sep 16 (IANS) A Chhattisgarh policeman was killed Friday by Maoist rebels in the state’s restive Bastar region, officials said.
Chhattisgarh Armed Force constable P.C. Khalko was killed when Maoists opened fire at a police camp at Pamalwaya in Bijapur district, some 500 km south of Raipur.
“Maoists carried out a flash attack at the police camp Friday early hours. Khalko who was on duty just outside the camp, received bullet injuries and died on the spot,” officials at the police headquarters here told IANS.
The officials added that the troopers retaliated from inside the camp but the Maoists managed to escape with Khalko’s AK-47 rifle.
Bijapur district along with Dantewada, Bastar, Narayanpur and Kanker form a 40,000 sq km forested zone in south of Chhattisgarh where Maoists hold sway since late 1980s.
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Three armed Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Mar 05, 2011
- Tribal killed by Maoists - Aug 11, 2011
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Maoists fire at passenger bus in Chhattisgarh - Oct 19, 2010
- Maoists abduct two villagers - Jan 10, 2012
- Maoists fire at bus, two rebels killed (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Four Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Oct 14, 2010
- Chhattisgarh on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- 10 killed as Maoists trap police party in ambush (Third Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Bombs found in Chhattisgarh's Maoist heartland - Jan 01, 2012
- Maoists blow up new police station in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Maoists open fire near CRPF camps in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,