Chhattisgarh chief minister told to respond to graft chargeJune 3rd, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 3 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, state public works department minister and eight officials have been told to respond to a graft charge by an anti-corruption body. Chhattisgarh Lok Aayog has sent notices to Raman Singh, Minister of State for Public Works Department (PWD) (independent charge) Rajesh Munat and eight officers, including chief secretary Shivraj Singh, additional chief secretary P. Joy Oommen, PWD secretary M.K. Raut and five others in corruption complaints by the opposition Congress.
The notices sent by the body Monday were in response to a written complaint by the Congress May 9 before Lokayukta (ombudsman) K.M. Agrawal regarding alleged corruption in three cases, including the award of a road construction contract to a private infrastructure company without inviting tenders.
The ministers and officials have 10 days to reply to the notices.
- Chhattisgarh chief minister denies corruption charges - Jun 13, 2008
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Tripura to put all ranks of officials under Lokayukta - Mar 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled - Feb 18, 2012
- Chhattisgarh ministers appear for 'test' before Gadkari - Aug 11, 2011
- Chhattisgarh BJP dares Congress to prove corruption charges - Nov 08, 2011
- Congress moves court against Chhattisgarh CM - Jul 20, 2012
- States act on graft, governance - prodded by people's power - Sep 11, 2011
- Environmental activist: Another Binayak Sen in making? - Jun 14, 2011
- Corrupt officer or innocent? The jury is divided - Jun 01, 2011
- Fierce debate as Chhattisgarh assembly discusses no-trust motion - Dec 16, 2011
- Himachal introduces bill to strengthen Lokayukta (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Pradip Kumar Sarkar appointed Tripura Lokayukta - Dec 13, 2011
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- Tripura to appoint Lokayukta this month - Nov 17, 2011