Chhattisgarh-bound chopper with four aboard goes missingAugust 4th, 2008 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 4 (IANS) A private chopper with four crew members on board has gone missing since Sunday afternoon shortly after it took off from Hyderabad for the Chhattisgarh capital, officials said here Monday. “The Ran Air chopper was scheduled to land at Jagdalpur in Bastar district headquarters for refuelling Sunday en route to Raipur but it went missing after it took off from Hyderabad at about 2 p.m.,” A.N. Upadhyay, inspector general of police Bastar Range, told IANS on phone.
“There are four including pilot, co-pilot, engineer and a technician, on board,” Mishra said.
“The chopper should have taken about 90 minutes to reach Jagdalpur after taking off from Hyderabad,” he said.
Upadhyay said a search team had left from Jagdalpur town in another chopper Monday morning.
According to police officials, the chopper was booked by the Chhattisgarh government to take Home minister Ram Vichar Netam to Jharkhand state Monday for functions at Ranchi and Daltonganj.
The Chhattisgarh police has sought help of the Andhra Pradesh and Orissa police to step up search for the chopper in the forests of Orissa and Andhra Pradesh states bordering Chhattisgarh’s Maoist-infested Bastar region.
The officials believe that the chopper may have either made an emergency landing amid heavy rain or may have crashed.
- No trace yet of Chhattisgarh-bound missing chopper (Lead) - Aug 04, 2008
- Rs.100,000 reward for clues about missing helicopter - Aug 07, 2008
- No trace of missing chopper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 05, 2008
- No trace of chopper missing for three days - Aug 06, 2008
- Maoists urged to trace missing chopper crew - Aug 23, 2008
- Raipur airport cleared of crashed copter - Jan 16, 2012
- Wreckage of missing chopper found after three months - Nov 13, 2008
- Congress attacks Chhattisgarh government over missing chopper - Aug 25, 2008
- Chopper traceless for seventh day in Chattisgarh - Aug 09, 2008
- Now Rs.200,000 reward for clues about missing chopper - Aug 24, 2008
- BSF chopper crashes in Raipur, five injured (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- No trace of chopper missing since Aug 3 - Aug 15, 2008
- Two tribals held with leopard skins in Chhattisgarh - Aug 03, 2010
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012
- One month on, mystery of missing chopper unsolved - Sep 03, 2008