Chhattisgarh assembly to take up no-trust motion FridayDecember 15th, 2011 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 15 (IANS) The Chhattisgarh state assembly will hold a detailed discussion Friday on a no-confidence motion brought by the opposition Congress against the Bharatiya Janata Party regime that enjoys a slender majority in the house.
Assembly speaker Dharamlal Kaushik accepted the no-confidence motion on the opening day of the winter session Thursday and set 12 noon Friday as the time to initiate discussion on it.
In a 90-member state assembly, the BJP has 49 members while the Congress has 39 and the Bahujan Samaj Party two.
State Congress president Nandkumar Patel told reporters that his party members would grill the government on a dozen issues concerning corruption charges against chief minister Raman Singh and his ministers, rising Maoist militancy, custodial deaths and controversial botched eye operations in Durg district which left 45 persons blinded after they were operated at a government health camp in late October.
Meanwhile, the BJP said the Congress-sponsored no-confidence motion had been brought in haste and that Congress members were still not sure what issues they would raise in the house during the debate.
“The BJP will strongly reply to Congress charges during the no-confidence debate. The motion lacks seriousness and the Congress will suffer a humiliating defeat in the house,” senior minister Brijmohan Agrawal told reporters.
The winter session will conclude Dec 23.
- Fierce debate as Chhattisgarh assembly discusses no-trust motion - Dec 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh government defeats no-confidence motion (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Chhattisgarh parties prepare strategy ahead of winter session - Dec 14, 2011
- Congress plans to move no-trust motion in Chhattisgarh - Dec 13, 2011
- Chhattisgarh government defeats censure motion - Dec 20, 2011
- 21 Jagan loyalists to vote against Congress government - Dec 03, 2011
- Andhra assembly adjourned for second day without business - Dec 02, 2011
- Andhra governor prorogues legislature - Jun 07, 2011
- No-trust motion defeated in Andhra assembly - Dec 06, 2011
- Himachal assembly takes up no-confidence motion - Aug 28, 2012
- Andhra assembly takes up debate on no-confidence motion - Dec 05, 2011
- No-confidence motion moved against Meghalaya government - Sep 12, 2011
- TDP to move no-trust motion in Andhra assembly - Nov 30, 2011
- No threat to government: Meghalaya chief minister - Sep 13, 2011
- Andhra assembly session kicks off on stormy note - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: assembly speaker, bahujan samaj party, bharatiya janata party, confidence debate, confidence motion, congress members, congress president, corruption charges, custodial deaths, eye operations, health camp, kaushik, opposition congress, raipur, senior minister, slender majority, state assembly, state congress, trust motion, winter session