Chennai’s Shiva temple cash box burgledApril 17th, 2008 - 6:02 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, April 17 (IANS) The donation box in the biggest Shiva temple here was found to have burgled Thursday morning, and caused some tense moments for the police and the temple authorities, the police said. This led to visits of journalists and television camera crew to the temple where photography is prohibited, which in turn resulted in a few media personnel being roughed up by temple employees, police sources said.
The rifled cash box has been checked for fingerprints and a dog squad was pressed into service to trace the culprits, officials said.
“We are trying to ascertain how burglars managed to gain entry into the locked temple and are hopeful of catching the culprits soon,” a police spokesman added.
- Hindu temple burgled in Dhaka - Feb 03, 2011
- Nine houses burgled in one night in south Delhi - Mar 06, 2012
- Chidambaram's ancestral home burgled in Tamil Nadu - Aug 15, 2011
- UP transport minister's house broken into - Jul 28, 2012
- Theft at Maharashtra temple, guard killed - Mar 24, 2012
- Five held for burglary in Delhi - Nov 16, 2009
- Many thieves simply walk through unlocked front doors, London police warn - Sep 27, 2010
- I'm not sorry, you're dumb: Thief to victims - Nov 24, 2011
- One lakh devotees at Odisha's Lingaraj temple - Feb 20, 2012
- Delhi's burglars make hay while summer vacation shines - Jun 14, 2011
- 'Burgle-n-burn' gang strikes in Delhi again - Apr 20, 2011
- British couple's home robbed six times - Aug 20, 2012
- Four nabbed for molesting teenager in Guwahati (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Romanian woman alleges Goa Police apathy - Jul 09, 2012
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012