Chennai college student dead in Nepal bridge collapseOctober 23rd, 2011 - 1:54 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 23 (IANS) One girl student of Chennai’s Mar Gregorios Arts and Science College died and nine others were injured Saturday in a bridge collapse in Nepal, officials said.
Another girl student was swept away by the river. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa has ordered measures to trace the student.
“We are waiting for confirmed news from the Indian Embassy in Nepal. As per the news, one girl student has lost her life and another student has been swept away by the river. Three students are critically injured,” K.S. Ramesh, head of the department of Social Sciences, told IANS.
He said 42 students and two teachers had gone on a tour to Nepal Oct 12 and were set to return Oct 26.
Jayalalithaa expressed her deep condolences to the family of the student who lost her life. She ordered officials to bring the body back to Chennai and also provide medical attention to the injured.
In a statement issued here, Jayalalithaa said she was deeply grieved on hearing the news of the accident.
- Another Chennai student dies in Nepal accident - Oct 23, 2011
- Jayalalithaa condoles deaths in Nepal air crash - Sep 25, 2011
- 14 killed in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Sep 05, 2011
- Goa governor, chief minister condole Deshmukh's death - Aug 14, 2012
- Toll in Tamil Nadu boat accident rises to 15 (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Karunanidhi, Jayalalithaa condole Jyoti Basu's death (Lead) - Jan 17, 2010
- Krishna, Dikshit condole death of Sai Baba - Apr 24, 2011
- PM condoles Arjun Singh's death - Mar 04, 2011
- PM condoles death of Deshmukh - Aug 08, 2011
- Jayalalithaa orders probe into minister's death (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Jayalalithaa: Tamil Nadu's iron woman is chief minister once more - May 13, 2011
- PM remembers Salve as distinguished leader - Apr 02, 2012
- Crocodile kills minor in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 16, 2011
- Jayalalithaa condoles Deshmukhs's death - Aug 14, 2012
- PM condoles passing away of civil rights campaigner S.R. Sankaran - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,