Chennai boy killing: Notice to defence secretary, police chiefJuly 6th, 2011 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Wednesday issued a notice to Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar and the Chennai police chief over the killing of a 13-year-old boy within an army residential campus.
“The National Human Rights Commission has come across media reports and also received a complaint based on one of the media reports that a 13-year-old boy, Dilshan, was shot dead allegedly by an army personnel as he tried to trespass into a defence area in Chennai,” an NHRC statement said.
“The commission has issued notices to the defence secretary and the commissioner of police, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, calling for detailed reports in the matter within four weeks,” the statement said.
On June 3, Dilshan was shot after he trespassed in the residential complex of the army in Chennai to pick fruits. He died of gunshot injured in a hospital.
- Three more to be questioned over Chennai boy's killing (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Retired army officer gets life for killing Chennai boy - Apr 20, 2012
- One detained for Chennai boy's killing (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Breakthrough in Chennai boy killing case likely - Jul 10, 2011
- Retired army officer held for Chennai boy's killing - Jul 10, 2011
- Police listing suspects in Chennai boy's killing - Jul 05, 2011
- Closing in on suspect in Chennai boy's killing: Police - Jul 08, 2011
- Ex-army officer gets life term for killing Chennai boy (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Trespassing teenager shot by soldier - Jul 03, 2011
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- NHRC notice to Haryana on abandoned baby girls - Jul 11, 2012
- Rights panel seeks report on Kashmir civilian's killing - Aug 10, 2011
- NHRC issues notice to Jharkhand government - Sep 13, 2012
- Indian Army to probe teenager's killing - Jul 04, 2011
- Rights panel notice to Delhi over injured boy - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: army personnel, commissioner of police, defence secretary, dilshan, fruits, gunshot, human rights commission, june 3, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, nhrc, police chief, pradeep kumar, residential campus, trespass