Chemical plant blasts kill two in ChinaSeptember 14th, 2008 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Shenyang (China), Sep 14 (Xinhua) One person was killed and two people were reported missing in a powerful explosion at a petrochemical plant in northeast China’s Liaoning province early Sunday morning.The body of a woman worker identified as Wang Guiyan was recovered by rescuers, city authorities said, adding that two workers on duty at the time of the blast could not be traced.
Fire tenders with 30 engines fought for more than two hours to tame the blaze.
Privately owned Dengta Jinhang Petrochemical Co. manufactures lubricant additives, such as anti-oxidants and petroleum cleaner.
- World War II shells found in China - Nov 28, 2011
- New Year fireworks set off 5,945 blazes in China - Feb 07, 2011
- Six jailed in China for selling tainted bean sprouts - Aug 13, 2011
- Former club manager and referees on trial for soccer corruption - Dec 20, 2011
- Chinese observe Japan invasion anniversary - Sep 18, 2012
- Four die in China chemical plant blast - Nov 21, 2010
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Enterprise Petroleum Plant Fire Scares Neighborhood - Feb 09, 2011
- Two houseboats go up in flames - Aug 30, 2012
- China to open up its low-altitude airspace - Aug 24, 2012
- Extra marital affair suspected behind murder rampage in China - Apr 15, 2011
- Typhoon-triggered storms kill 14 in China - Aug 07, 2012
- China to execute a Japanese citizen for smuggling drugs - Apr 01, 2010
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 239 die as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012