Chargesheet filed on medical entrance exam paper leakMay 31st, 2008 - 3:14 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 31 (IANS) West Bengal Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Saturday submitted before a district court a chargesheet in the case of medical entrance examination question paper of the state’s joint entrance examination being leaked and sold. “We have submitted the chargesheet before the Ghatal sub-divisional court in West Midnapore district. Three people, who were arrested in connection with the case, have been mentioned as accused in the chargesheet,” Inspector General (Special) of CID Niraj Nayan Pandey told IANS.
He said that three people, including a lawyer, were arrested so far for allegedly leaking and selling this year’s state medical entrance question papers.
Police arrested Mihir Dandapar, 49, who was allegedly selling the set of medical entrance examination question papers for Rs.200,000 in April at Ghatal area of West Midnapore district.
Later, Dandapar disclosed the name of his partner - lawyer Arun Chowdhury, 35, - who was also arrested. The police claimed to have seized about 100 sets of question papers from Chowdhury’s residence.
Acting on a tip-off, the CID arrested the alleged kingpin of the racket, Manas Patra, from Kolkata’s twin district Howrah. Patra was an employee of a state-run printing press from where the joint entrance question papers were leaked.
“We have found all of them guilty and filed the chargesheet accordingly,” said Pandey.
- West Bengal paper leak mastermind held - Apr 24, 2008
- West Bengal joint entrance question papers leaked - Apr 20, 2008
- LIC entrance exam paper leaked, one held - Feb 27, 2011
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- 36 arrested for leaking exam papers in Bihar - Feb 17, 2012
- Six arrested for leaking Class 10 paper - Feb 22, 2012
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper - May 28, 2012
- Two CPI-M leaders arrested for Lalgarh carnage - Feb 14, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested - Jan 09, 2012
- Bengal rights panel orders probe in Shiladitya Chowdhury's arrest - Aug 17, 2012
- Ex-CPI-M minister alleges political vendetta after brother's arrest - Sep 10, 2012
- CID begins probe into Kishenji's death - Nov 26, 2011
- Two accused sent to jail in medical admission racket - Jul 21, 2012
- Man who questioned Mamata granted bail - Aug 24, 2012
- CID files charge-sheet in Midnapore skeleton case - Sep 23, 2011