Chargesheet filed against Kobad GhandyFebruary 19th, 2010 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) Delhi Police Friday filed a chargesheet against arrested ideologue of tyhe banned Communist Party of India-Maoist Kobad Ghandy, accusing him of anti-national activities.
The chargesheet that ran into over a 100 pages was filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja. In it, the special cell of Delhi Police stated that Ghandy was involved in anti-national activities and had been an active member of Maoist outfits operating across the country.
The court will take cognisance of this chargesheet March 4.
In December last year, Baweja granted police 90 more days to file a chargesheet against Ghandy after dismissing his statutory bail application.
Under the provisions of the Criminal Procedure Code, the investigating agency has to complete the probe within 90 days in the case of severe offences. But the court, using its discretion, empowered police to extend the period of Ghandy’s detention.
Ghandy has been booked under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act after his arrest Sep 20 last year.
- Ghandy met Prachanda, knew of Induwar's killing, say police (Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Ghandy met Prachanda, knew of Induwar's killing: Police (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Fresh chargesheet filed against Maoist Kobad Ghandy - Mar 23, 2012
- Police get 90 more days to file charges against Ghandy - Dec 21, 2009
- Court accepts terror charges against Kobad Ghandy (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Court to decide on terror charges against Ghandy April 30 - Apr 24, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi Police files chargesheet against Kobad Ghandy - Feb 19, 2010
- Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheets - May 15, 2012
- Kobad Ghandy to face trial under terror charges (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Kobad Ghandy wants to retract confession - Dec 11, 2009
- Kobad Ghandy's medical treatment plea rejected - Apr 08, 2010
- Fresh plea to prosecute Ghandy under terror charges - Mar 30, 2012