Charge-sheet readied against top RAW officialMarch 18th, 2008 - 11:23 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 18 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will soon file a charge-sheet against Major General (retired) V.K. Singh, a former top official of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), for allegedly using classified information in a book he wrote last year. The draft charge-sheet has been sent to the home ministry for perusal and would later be submitted before the designated court, a CBI official said Tuesday.
Singh, who served as joint director for the intelligence agency, was booked by the CBI under Section 5 of the Official Secrets Act in September 2007 for “wrongful communication of information” through his book “India’s External Intelligence: Secrets of RAW”.
The book alleges political interference and corruption in the intelligence agency.
It also says there were severe lapses on the government’s part that facilitated the escape of senior RAW official Rabinder Singh, who is believed to have fled to the US following a spying expose.
The book also questioned the wisdom of the previous National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government in releasing to the then Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif a taped conversation between former General Pervez Musharraf and his senior army official General Mohammed Aziz, during the Kargil conflict of 1999.
“The charge-sheet is yet to be filed in the court. And we will plan our defence as and when we are apprised about it,” Singh’s lawyer Anup Khullar told IANS.
Meanwhile, Singh’s anticipatory bail was pending before the Tis Hazari court and the next hearing is April 8.
- Court seeks probe report on RAW graft complaint - Feb 22, 2012
- Two get bail in Adarsh scam - Jun 07, 2012
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI registers third chargesheet - Apr 21, 2012
- SC refuses to interfere with Yeddyurappa's anticipatory bail (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- CWG graft: Court takes cognizance of CBI charge sheet - Aug 27, 2012
- Court refuses anticipatory bail to Jagan - May 24, 2012
- Missing nurse case committed to trial, to start April 2 - Mar 27, 2012
- Court grants bail to former RAW official - Jul 24, 2009
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- CBI court issues fresh summons for former judge - May 18, 2011
- CBI seeks court nod to continue probe against Jagan - Apr 02, 2012
- Six arrested in CWG road lighting scam - Jun 10, 2011
- Six cops summoned July 7 over Ramdev crackdown - Jun 11, 2012