Charge sheet filed in Delhi against four terroristsSeptember 10th, 2012 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) A set of charges were filed in a Delhi court against four suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operatives accused of planning to execute blasts at major shopping centres, police said Monday.
The charge sheet was filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash against suspected LeT operatives Ahtisham Farooq Malick, Shafaqat Ali Tuggu, Tawseef Ahmed Peer and Saijee Anwar.
Ahtisham, Shafaqat and Tawseef are in judicial custody in the case, while Saijee is out on bail.
Seven Pakistani nationals and a Jammu and Kashmir resident were also named as suspects by police.
The court issued non-bailable warrants against the seven Pakistani accused Hanzala, Furkan, Mohsin, Waleed, Javed, Qari and Hamza and Jammu and Kashmir resident Usman.
The police said in the charge sheet that it had received Feb 27 a secret information from a central intelligence agency about arrival of LeT militant Ahtisham in Delhi for executing terrorist strikes.
It said Ahtisham was staying with Shafaqat at Tuglaqabad and both of them were apprehended and a bag, recovered from Ahtisham, that was carrying explosive material.
Ahtisham, Shafaqat and Tawseef are booked under charges dealing with waging war against India and for cheating, forgery, criminal conspiracy and various provisions of the Explosive Substances Act and terror laws.
Police said Saijee helped Ahtisham in procuring a mobile number on fake identity proof. He was booked for the offence of cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy.
- Charges against the 2G accused - Oct 22, 2011
- Jharkhand terror suspect taken to Delhi (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- LeT now targets local youths with passports: Police - Mar 02, 2012
- 2G: Court notice to CBI on Goenka's plea - Jan 24, 2012
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
- CWG street-lighting scam: Charges framed against seven - Mar 12, 2012
- Maudany's wife named in Tamil Nadu bus burning case (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Five 26/11 accused named in US court include ISI officer - May 09, 2011
- Geelani under scanner for alleged Lashkar links - Mar 02, 2012
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- LeT recruitment module busted in Kashmir - Jul 04, 2012
- Delhi land scam: Charges to be framed against 10 accused - May 05, 2012
- IFS officer to be tried for human trafficking - Jun 09, 2012
- CBI charge sheets Jagan, 12 others (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Kalmadi opposes charges in CWG graft case - May 23, 2012
Tags: central intelligence agency, criminal conspiracy, delhi court, explosive material, explosive substances, fake identity, forgery, furkan, hamza, jammu, judicial custody, lashkar e taiba, magistrate, malick, mobile number, pakistani nationals, prakash, qari, secret information, shopping centres