Chandigarh police seize psychotropic drugsJune 20th, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 20 (IANS) Police in Chandigarh arrested two people Wednesday evening and recovered a huge quantity of psychotropic drugs, a police officer said.
The accused were arrested at a check-post and have been identified as Dinesh Thakur (30), a resident of the nearby suburb of Ramdarbar, and Vijay Gupta (24), living in Sector 30 here.
The arrested traffickers were not carrying any bills or license to sell the drugs.
“At a naka (check-post) at the traffic signal of sector 29-30, a scooter was signalled to stop, but the driver and pillion rider tried to flee. Police, however, chased and apprehended them,” the official said.
A search of the scooter yielded a huge quantity of psychotropic drugs.
“There were 890 tablets and 4,684 capsules of different brands like Carisotrobol and Spasmocit as well as 125 bottles of Rexcof. They used to sell these drugs illegally to youngsters in different parts of Chandigarh,” the official added.
- Students held with stolen bike, mobiles - Apr 09, 2011
- Rs.9 lakh relief for kin of woman killed in accident - May 31, 2011
- Two held with 4,500 pirated CDs - Apr 14, 2011
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- Leopard skin, psychotropic drugs recovered in Srinagar - Feb 09, 2011
- Eight arrested in Chandigarh with fake heroin - Aug 26, 2011
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- Punjab Police book Rajasthan cop for smuggling - May 23, 2011
- Three guerrillas, one cop killed in Srinagar shootout (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Chandigarh cops meet dead-end in girl's murder case - Dec 01, 2010
- Chennai student arrested in Goa for possessing drugs - Aug 30, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012