Chandigarh gets National Golf AcademyNovember 26th, 2008 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 26 (IANS) The city from where the country’s top international golfer Jeev Milkha Singh hails got a boost for its golfing tradition with the National Golf Academy of India inaugurated here Wednesday.The new academy set up by the Indian Golf Union (IGU) at the Chandigarh Golf Range was inaugurated by Punjab Governor S.F. Rodrigues.
“This national project, aiming to promote and develop golf, will meet the long felt need and demand for teaching professionals in this sport in the country. The demand for teaching professionals was rising every year and the IGU had to find a home for the academy which was conveniently located,” IGU president T.T. Jagannathan said.
Chandigarh Golf Association (CGA) president C.S.R. Reddy said that golfing facilities available at the golf course were the best in the country.
“With the setting up of this academy, many caddies will be able to get the opportunity of becoming teaching professionals,” Reddy said.
- Want a golfing holiday? Go to Chandigarh - Aug 16, 2009
- Indian Open golf moves to Bangalore - Aug 21, 2012
- Jeev, Kapur to help set up ISM academies in India - Feb 17, 2011
- Pakistan golf officials want India to revive Kirlosker Trophy - Jun 23, 2011
- Chandigarh golf club loses water supply - Mar 18, 2011
- Moneywise it will be a tough year for golf: Jeev - Jan 03, 2012
- Top golfers set for tee-off in Bangalore - Mar 05, 2012
- Golf fast catching up with cricket in popularity (With image) - Jun 17, 2012
- Golfer Gagan Verma gets Rolex's top amateur award - Feb 04, 2009
- Top Chandigarh finance official in golfing controversy - Dec 01, 2010
- $1 mn golf 'Dream-Shot' launched in Chandigarh - Sep 12, 2010
- Top juniors for IGU golf - May 25, 2012
- Son's arrival motivates Jeev at Avantha Masters golf - Feb 10, 2010
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Want biopic to inspire the youth: Milkha - Feb 21, 2012