Chanderpaul torments Yorkshire with centurySeptember 2nd, 2011 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 2 (IANS/CMC) Veteran left-hander Shivnarine Chanderpaul hammered his second successive century as Warwickshire flourished on the second day of their County Championship game against Yorkshire Thursday.
The former West Indies captain hit 110 to guide his side to 281 for six, in reply to Yorkshire?s 281 all out.
Playing at Edgbaston, Chanderpaul helped rescue the hosts after they crashed 27 for two, when Varun Chopra (7) and William Porterfield (0) fell cheaply.
He then anchored three partnerships to stabilise the innings, posting 67 for third wicket with Ian Westwood (55) before adding another 43 with Jim Troughton (18) for the fourth wicket.
Chanderpaul then joined forces with Tim Ambrose (68 not out) in a fifth wicket stand of 135 that put Warwickshire in control of the match.
Overall, the Guyanese struck nine fours and two sixes off 182 balls, in an innings spanning 273 minutes.
The century follows the 193 he made against the same side just nine days ago.
At New Road, Worcestershire?s West Indies speedster Kemar Roach bowled with pace to get three wickets and help send Division One leaders Lancashire to a 10-wicket defeat inside two days.
The right-armer picked up three for 44 as Lancashire were dismissed for 80, after trailing by 76 on first innings.
Veteran seamer Alan Richardson finished with six for 22.
- Chanderpaul among the runs again as Warwickshire draw - Sep 04, 2011
- Chanderpaul narrowly misses double ton as Warwickshire win big - Aug 26, 2011
- Chanderpaul rallies Windies but Lyon triggers late slide - Apr 18, 2012
- Chanderpaul anxious to score - Aug 01, 2012
- Chanderpaul moves to fifth in Test rankings - Apr 14, 2012
- No Bravo for warm-up match against Black Caps - Jul 15, 2012
- Edwards out, Ramdin returns as Windies vice captain - Jul 23, 2012
- Shillingford nabs five but Kiwis battle to draw - Jul 23, 2012
- Chanderpaul defying England in Lord's Test - May 20, 2012
- Roach leaps to career-best 18th in ICC Rankings - Apr 21, 2012
- Chanderpaul digs in at top; Samuels, Roach also move up - May 23, 2012
- Chanderpaul doubtful for Birmingham Test - Jun 08, 2012
- Roach makes bright return as Black Caps struggle - Jul 21, 2012
- Chanderpaul joins 10,000-run club but Windies face defeat - Apr 27, 2012
- Bishoo dropped, in-form batsman Fudadin gets the nod - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: alan richardson, armer, championship game, chopra, guyanese, jim troughton, kemar, lancashire, left hander, nine days, porterfield, shivnarine, speedster, tim ambrose, two sixes, warwickshire, west indies, westwood, wicket, wickets