Chander Mohan surfaces, says ‘feeling at top of the world’December 10th, 2008 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 10 (IANS) Chander Mohan, dropped as Haryana deputy chief minister after his controversial second marriage, finally surfaced Wednesday and said he had no regrets about losing his job and was “feeling at top of the world”.In love, Chander Mohan, 43, converted to Islam secretly last month and married his beloved, Anuradha Bali, 37. He renamed himself as Chand Mohammad, while she is Fiza now.
“I don’t care even if it has cost me my job. I am feeling on top of the world and I am very happy,” Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammad told reporters at the residence of his new wife at Mohali near here.
Chander Mohan is already married to Seema Bishnoi from whom he had teenaged children. His third child, a son, died after prolonged illness in March this year.
“I am a very harsh type man. I will not go back to my family and would not want her (Fiza) to do so either. Let them enjoy. I will not allow my children to meet me. My family had disowned me long time back,” said Chander Mohan, dressed in a white T-shirt and laughing frequently as mediapersons posed questions.
In the process of trying to settle down with Fiza, he has even invited the wrath of Muslim clerics. The Shahi Imam of the Jama Masjid of Ludhiana in neighbouring Punjab has issued a fatwa against the couple, charging them with converting to Islam only to get married illegally.
Chander Mohan has been disowned by his father, former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, and brother Kuldip Bishnoi and all family ties with him have been severed.
The state government headed by Bhupinder Singh Hooda dropped him from the plum post, saying he had ignored his official duty for more than 50 days without informing the cheif minister.
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Haryana''s former Deputy CM Chand Mohammad goes missing - Jan 28, 2009
- Fiza to move court against Chander Mohan - Sep 25, 2009
- Chander Mohan, second wife differ on 'kidnap' drama (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Lovebirds Chand Mohammad, Fiza spice up Haryana politics - Dec 11, 2008
- Second wife says former Haryana deputy chief minister 'kidnapped' - Jan 28, 2009
- Fiza serves 48-hour ultimatum to Chand Mohammed - Feb 05, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand now wants to return to Hinduism, live with mother - Jul 27, 2009