Chairman Adam Parr to leave Williams F1 teamMarch 26th, 2012 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Grove (United Kingdom), March 26 (IANS) The Williams Formula One team Monday announced that its Chairman Adam Parr will leave the outfit by the end of the week.
Parr joined Williams as a chief executive officer in 2006 and was promoted as chairman during the 2010 season.
His replacement will be Nick Rose, ex-CFO of Diageo PLC and currently a non-executive director of WGPH and two FTSE100 companies.
Williams founder and team principal Frank Williams will continue to oversee the company with the support of non-executive director Toto Wolff and CEO Alex Burns.
Frank Williams said: “Over five years, Adam’s achievements have surpassed my expectations and I must thank him for his service. Not least for the decisive role he played in the technical changes made last year which are beginning to show through in the team’s improved competitiveness this season, and for leading this company to a successful IPO.
Adam leaves us on good terms to pursue a better balance in his life for which I wish him and his family well.”
Talking about his experience of working with Williams, Parr said: “I am very grateful to Frank for giving me the opportunity to work for Williams. It is a unique team with over 500 great-hearted and talented people and many superb partners in and out of Formula One.”
Williams have scored eight points after the first two races of the 2012 season.
Last year was one of the worst in their history as they finished ninth in the Constructors’ Championship with five points.
- Force India target fifth place after Valencia show - Jun 27, 2012
- Mallya pumps in 20 million pounds into Force India operation - Mar 13, 2012
- Mallya pumps in $32 mn into Force India (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Vodafone chief Vittorio Colao meets Sibal - Feb 13, 2012
- Businessman Waters named deputy chairman of 2015 World Cup - Aug 22, 2011
- Force India confirm Paul di Resta for 2011 Formula One season - Jan 27, 2011
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes 9th at German GP - Jul 22, 2012
- Rakesh Jain to head Reliance General Insurance - Oct 21, 2011
- Tata Sons denies management restructuring in group companies - Apr 27, 2012
- Analjit Singh to be non-executive chairman of Vodafone India - Feb 10, 2012
- Iceman Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP - Nov 29, 2011
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MotoGP still a distant dream for Indian riders: Mahindra Racing - Nov 15, 2011
- Cyrus Mistry has multi-faceted business expertise - Nov 24, 2011
- General Motors CFO Chris Liddell to step down in April - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: adam parr, burns, ceo, cfo, chief executive officer, competitiveness, decisive role, diageo plc, executive director, five points, formula one, ftse100 companies, ipo, nick rose, superb partners, team principal, technical changes, toto, wgph, williams f1 team