Chaddha’s police custody extended by three daysAugust 13th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) A Delhi court Monday extended by three days the police custody of Aruna Chaddha, an official of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines, in a case related to the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma here Aug 5.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Kumar Jangala allowed police to question Chaddha till Aug 16. She was arrested Aug 8.
Police sought an extension of her custody to unearth the conspiracy.
Geetika left a suicide note blaming Chaddha for her extreme step. Geetika also named her ex-employer and Haryana’s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the suicide note, police said.
Charges of abetment to suicide and criminal intimidation were slapped on Kanda, who has filed an anticipatory bail plea in the Delhi High Court.
Kanda has not appeared before police for questioning over the suicide of Geetika, whose body was found hanging in her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar.
He owned the MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by Kanda.
According to Geetika’s brother, Gaurav Sharma, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to two days' police custody (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: aruna, ashok, bail plea, conspiracy, criminal intimidation, delhi court, delhi high court, devender, extreme step, flight attendant, gaurav sharma, haryana, kanda, magistrate, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, north delhi, note police, police custody, suicide note