CESC’s Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14July 29th, 2011 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 29 (IANS) The 600 MW thermal power project at West Bengal’s Haldia, being developed by power utility CESC Limited - a RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group company, is scheduled to be completed by end of 2013-14, a top company official said Friday.
“The 2×300 MW thermal power project at Haldia, West Bengal, is progressing well. All requisite clearances and investment approval are in place. Coal linkages have been secured. The project is scheduled to be completed by end of 2013-14,” vice chairman Sanjiv Goenka said here.
The 2×300 MW thermal power project at Chandrapur in Maharashtra was also progressing according to schedule, he said.
Goenka said land has already been identified for a coal-based project at Danro in Jharkhand.
“320 acres of land has been recommended by the revenue department. The project got the clearance from panchayet. For the first phase, 350 acres of land is needed. Preliminary work for mining is on now,” he said.
On 90 MW hydro power project in Arunachal Pradesh, Goenka said the detailed project report (DPR) has been completed.
He said the 9 MW solar power project at Pratapgarh in Gujarat will be commissioned within the next three quarters.
Total investment in the project will be Rs.120 crore, he said.
He said the prices of certain grades of coal, which was primarily supplied by Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL), were increased by nearly 100 percent which was creating pressure on tariff.
“We have applied to the Regulatory Commission to increase power tariff by 34 paise per unit,” he said.
CESC’s profit after tax (PAT) for 2010-11 stood at Rs 488.40 crore, which reflected a 12.72 percent increase over Rs 433.30 crore during 2009-10. During 2010-11, the company’s earnings from sale of electricity increased by 19.7 percent over the previous year to reach Rs 3,940 crore.
- CESC gears up to handle 3,000 MW distribution capacity - Jul 27, 2012
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- Shanghai Electric, Punj Lloyd bag CESC projects - Feb 10, 2011
- CESC to set up its first hydropower unit - Dec 07, 2010
- Kolkata power firm may hike tariff - Aug 09, 2011
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Calcutta power utility earns Rs.4,000 crore in FY11 - Apr 29, 2011
- CESC to import coal from South African mine from 2014 - Apr 29, 2011
- CESC sees 11 percent rise in profit before tax - Feb 10, 2011
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012
- CESC plans to raise Rs.1,200 crore in equity - Dec 07, 2010
- CESC revives Balagarh power project in West Bengal - Apr 29, 2010
- Neyveli Lignite Corp to add 1,000 MW this fiscal - May 28, 2012
- CESC posts Rs.102 crore net profit in third quarter - Jan 22, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh to add 5,486 MW power by 2014 - Jul 31, 2010
Tags: cesc, chandrapur, detailed project, dpr, ecl, goenka, group company, gujarat, hydro power, paise, power tariff, pratapgarh, regulatory commission, rs 120, rs 433, sanjiv, solar power, three quarters, vice chairman, west bengal