Century-old Himachal palace guttedApril 27th, 2009 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 27 (IANS) A century-old wooden palace in the Himachal Pradesh capital district was gutted in a massive fire Monday, officials said.
The historic palace at Kotkhai in Shimla district was “completely destroyed” in a major fire within a few hours, Shimla Deputy Commissioner Amar Singh Rathore told IANS.
“No one was injured in the fire incident.”
The 60-room palace belonged to the erstwhile princely state of Kothkhai, about 100 km from here.
“At present, the family of Raghuvir Singh Rana was living in the palace. The family was in the palace at the time of incident,” Rathore said.
The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, he said.
- Government building gutted in Himachal - Jul 16, 2010
- Century-old building gutted in Himachal Pradesh - Oct 18, 2009
- Devastating fire in Himachal's Chamba heritage town - Mar 18, 2012
- 65 houses gutted in fire in Himachal village - Dec 24, 2011
- 65 houses gutted in Himachal (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- 80 houses gutted in Himachal (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Fire destroys 108-year-old railway station - May 03, 2011
- Himachal hotel gets heritage status - Aug 23, 2012
- Himachal's 108-year-old heritage railway station gutted (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Furniture worth lakhs gutted in Chandigarh fire - May 15, 2012
- Extended chill may upset Himachal's applecart - Apr 16, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Historical Srinagar shrine gutted in blaze - Jun 25, 2012
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Ansari's wife, daughter on Himachal sojourn - Jul 09, 2011