Centre’s charge on Maoists wrong: PatnaikMay 12th, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 12 (IANS) Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik Saturday dismissed the central government’s charge that the state had failed to check Maoist activities.
“The allegations are incorrect,” Patnaik told reporters here, referring to the home ministry’s letter which said Odisha was not taking necessary “counter-measures” against the guerrillas.
He said his government would reply to the letter Monday.
The ministry earlier this week said Odisha was the only state in the country where the activities of the guerrillas were spreading at an “alarming rate”.
The Maoists are active in 26 of the state’s 30 districts.
- India assures Italy about release of hostages - Mar 19, 2012
- Counter terror body: Patnaik wants review - Feb 14, 2012
- Counter terror body: Naveen Patnaik intensifies attack on government - Feb 17, 2012
- Patnaik asks other states to protest anti-terror body - Feb 15, 2012
- Ahead of Odisha trip, Ramesh wants jailed tribals freed - May 24, 2012
- Hostage crisis: Maoist's wife, 26 others to be freed (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik to expand ministry - Aug 02, 2012
- Odisha protests cut in railway budgetary allocation - Jul 29, 2012
- Odisha reiterates demand to ban iron ore export - Nov 16, 2011
- Odisha seeks special status - Nov 24, 2011
- Patnaik opposes changes in RPF act - Feb 29, 2012
- Tourism at Odisha sanctuary falls prey to Maoists - May 11, 2012
- Odisha objects to Andhra's move on Polavaram project - Jul 24, 2012
- Maoists raise fresh demands, Italians untraced (Night Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Bhubaneswar airport to be made international soon - Sep 20, 2012