Centre will bring Lokpal bill: Farooq AbdullahMarch 24th, 2012 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 24 (IANS) Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy and National Conference president Farooq Abdullah Saturday said that while the central government is keen to bring the Lokpal bill at the earliest, the matter to set up the Lokayukta should be left to the states.
“The state governments should be given the rights to set up the Lokayukta. The Centre should not interfere in that,” Farooq Abdullah, whose party National Conference is a strong votary of autonomy for Jammu and Kashmir told the media on the sidelines of a function here.
Abdullah said that there was no ambiguity in the thinking of the central government regarding passing the Lokpal bill.
He brushed aside any questions on the multi-crore-rupee scam in the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA), saying that the matter is under investigation.
“Investigations are on, and let us wait for the outcome,” Farooq Abdullah, who also is president of the JKCA, said.
About two weeks ago, it was discovered that the JKCA was operating two bogus bank accounts to adjust the funds given by the BCCI.
- Kashmir cricket body lodges report with police - Mar 10, 2012
- PDP demands CBI probe into Kashmir's cricket scam - Mar 12, 2012
- I will quit politics if graft charges proved: Farooq - Mar 27, 2012
- Ruckus in Kashmir assembly over cricket scam - Mar 13, 2012
- 'Farooq doesn't handle J&K; cricket finances' - Mar 12, 2012
- JKCA members want Farooq Abdullah to order CBI probe - Mar 21, 2012
- Omar praises BJP for opening remarks in parliament - Dec 29, 2011
- JKCA internal probe clears Abdullah of hand in scam - Jul 18, 2012
- Taking Lokayukta out of Lokpal bill: Cabinet to decide - Apr 04, 2012
- Farooq Abdullah orders in-house probe into JKCA fund scam - Apr 12, 2012
- National Conference backs Omar on appointments - Feb 18, 2012
- Bring amended Lokpal Bill in budget session: Karat - Jan 20, 2012
- CBI against attaching anti-graft wing to Lokpal - Sep 06, 2011
- Omar made National Conference working president - Apr 07, 2012
- Text of PM's statement in parliament - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: ambiguity, autonomy, bank accounts, bcci, central government, conference president, cricket association, crore, farooq abdullah, investigations, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lokayukta, renewable energy, rupee, sidelines, state governments, union minister, votary