Centre to improve school education launchedAugust 9th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) An institution that will work towards improving teaching techniques in 13,000 CBSE schools spread across the country and help reshape education was launched here Thursday by Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has joined hands with Pearson, an educational service provider, to establish the centre, which has started working from its office in east Delhi.
‘Centre for Assessment, Evaluation and Research (CAER)’- a not for profit centre - will be funded by Pearson under a public-private partnership.
Inaugurated by the human resource development (HRD) minister, the centre is proposed to operate independently with its own campus by 2014.
“This is another example of a public-private partnership moving towards setting up centres of excellence. This will ensure we match global best practices in education,” said Sibal.
The centre is equipped with world-class research capability and applies global best practices to school-based assessment, teaching techniques and high-stakes examinations for CBSE’s 13,000 affiliated schools. The centre will help in reforming learning.
The centre would soon launch an interactive website to involve parents, children, teachers and schools apart from those affiliated with CBSE to access its work or seek assistance.
- CBSE wants to set up Research and Development Centre in PPP mode - Nov 10, 2010
- Sibal offers free education for student CWG medal winners - Oct 08, 2010
- CBSE asked to give names of students for Indo-Japanese Exchange Programme - Feb 23, 2011
- Sibal launches school sanitation website - Jul 07, 2011
- PETA India to sensitise children towards animals - Aug 03, 2012
- Sibal advocates higher pay for teachers (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Free education for CWG medal winning students - Oct 08, 2010
- Northeast India's first IIIT coming up in Tripura - Jun 08, 2012
- Only five percent primary teachers clear eligibility test - Apr 27, 2012
- Vocational education will lead to inclusive education: Kapil Sibal - Jul 20, 2010
- Improve quality of education: President (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sibal launches courses on Mass Media Studies, Geospatial Practices - Jul 19, 2010
- Sibal stresses on need to develop special plan for development of PwDs - Apr 18, 2011
- Pearson India flags off rural school library project - Sep 05, 2011
- Declare 2012 as year of 'Proud to be Skilled Indian' (Comment) - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: affiliated schools, assessment evaluation, best practices in education, board of secondary education, cbse schools, central board of secondary education, centres of excellence, delhi centre, development minister, east delhi, educational service provider, high stakes, human resource development, interactive website, kapil sibal, profit centre, public private partnership, research capability, school education, teaching techniques