Centre alerts Assam ahead of ULFA Raising DayApril 4th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) The Centre Wednesday alerted Assam and its neighbouring states ahead of the ULFA Raising Day April 7.
An advisory issued by the home ministry here said the government had inputs that the anti-talk faction of the ULFA may try to create blockades or create law and order problems in the area as their leaders had directed their cadres to try and disrupt normal life in the region.
As a precaution, security forces in the area have also been kept on alert to thwart any plans by ULFA, said the advisory.
The home ministry has also advised the states to deploy sufficient number of security personnel at sensitive locations, oil installations, railway tracks and stations, bus terminuses, markets and religious places to foil any attempt by the insurgents to disturb peace.
ULFA’s pro-talk faction headed by its chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa has been engaged in peace talks with the government but the outfit’s military chief Paresh Baruah is opposed to any dialogue and wants to continue the armed movement till their demands are met.
- Centre alerts Assam ahead of ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Peaceniks counter ULFA with volleyball - Apr 06, 2012
- ULFA splits into talk and anti-talk factions - Nov 20, 2011
- Four injured in blast at Congress office; four BSF men killed (Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- ULFA pro-talk faction leaves for Delhi for talks - Apr 08, 2012
- Barua group gives ULFA 3 months to 'return to active duty' - Apr 30, 2012
- Talks with ULFA positive, says government - Apr 09, 2012
- Split in ULFA? Baruah slams peace talks - Aug 10, 2011
- Talks successful, we are hopeful: Rajkhowa - Apr 09, 2012
- ULFA attack on Congress office injures three (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Five injured in blast at Congress office; 8 BSF men killed (Intro Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- Centre-ULFA talks positive: Government (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Tribal student leader killed in Assam - Feb 22, 2011
- Peace process on track despite Assam attacks - Mar 15, 2011
- Alert in Assam over ULFA strike threat - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: april 4, assam, cadres, dialogue, faction, home ministry, insurgents, law and order, neighbouring states, New Delhi, oil installations, paresh baruah, peace talks, precaution, railway, religious places, security forces, security personnel, sensitive locations, ulfa