Central government framing Hindu leaders: Rajnath SinghNovember 12th, 2008 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Nov 12 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh Wednesday accused the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government of deliberately targeting Hindu leaders and framing them in the Sep 26 Malegaon blast case.”Maharashtra’s Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has no evidence against Hindu religious leaders but it is continuously targeting them as part of a conspiracy hatched by the Congress-led government at the centre,” Rajnath Singh said at a press conference here.
The ATS Monday filed an application in a Mumbai court seeking permission to interrogate a “high profile” Hindu leader and obtain cooperation from the Uttar Pradesh government in doing so.
Though declining to name the leader, the ATS has discreetly conducted operations in Farrukhabad and eastern Uttar Pradesh and found vital leads to the Malegaon bombing that claimed six lives.
“The UPA government is giving terrorism a communal hue by deliberately targeting Hindu religious leaders. It will result in communal polarisation of Hindus and Muslims in the country,” the BJP chief added.
He strongly defended Adityanath, a BJP MP from Uttar Pradesh, who Tuesday dared the ATS to arrest him following speculation over his involvement in the Malegaon blasts.
“I personally know Adityanath and he is not the sort of person who can get involved in any terrorist activity. The Congress has failed to tackle terrorism and is now trying to target him,” Rajnath Singh said.
“The Congress government’s attempt to frame Hindu religious leaders is causing resentment among the Hindu community across the nation,” he said.
- Central government framing Hindu leaders to win polls: BJP president (Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- BJP leader denies funding Ajmer blast - Mar 21, 2011
- Digvijay's remarks on Karkare unfortunate, says BJP - Dec 11, 2010
- Political slugfest over Malegaon blasts, Advani quiet - Nov 12, 2008
- Bomb for bomb - Aseemanand confesses bombings to target Muslims (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Digvijay's remarks on Karkare personal, says Congress - Dec 11, 2010
- Chidambaram should withdraw saffron terror remark: Rajnath - Aug 28, 2010
- Adityanath sees a hung assembly in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 11, 2012
- Rajnath demands probe against Digvijay - Dec 11, 2010
- Digvijay Singh sparks new storm with Karkare remark (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2010
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- BJP leaders questioned Karkare's integrity, asserts Digvijay - Dec 14, 2010
- UPA against BJP-led governments: Gadkari - May 09, 2011
- Poll panel asks Verma to explain 'wilfull' sub-quota remark (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- SP not joining UPA government: Mulayam - Mar 19, 2012