Cement company official stabbed by sacked guardMay 19th, 2009 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 19 (IANS) A sacked security guard of Lafarge Cement was arrested near here for stabbing the unit vice president for removing him from his job, police said Tuesday.
Prem Kumar Verma, who used to work as a security guard with the company, Monday stormed into the chamber of Kirandeep Patil, posted as vice-president of the unit at Baloda Bazar in Raipur district, and stabbed him with sharp edged weapon, District Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar told reporters.
The unit is some 50 km from here.
Patil, who was rushed to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Government Hospital here in a serious condition, was said to be out of danger.
Verma had held Patil responsible for his sacking and admitted to the police that he tried to kill the official to take revenge for his ouster.
Verma was sacked about three months back.
- Protests in Chhattisgarh town over renaming district - Jan 19, 2012
- Chhattisgarh carves out nine more districts - Jan 01, 2012
- Protest in Chhattisgarh over rising cement prices - Jan 11, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to have nine new districts - Aug 24, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- An assistant engineer worth Rs.70 million! - Mar 01, 2012
- Four killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Aug 18, 2010
- Eight killed in Chhattisgarh van-truck collision - May 11, 2011
- Food poisoning kills three of family - Apr 28, 2010
- Two elderly women stabbed to death by robbers in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Disabled man consumes poison, tries to meet chief minister - Apr 08, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Police face another charge of custodial death - Feb 20, 2012
- Chhattisgarh tense after Maoist massacre - Jun 30, 2010
- BJP leader held for attacking mining inspector - Mar 11, 2012
- Agra jewellers down shutters to protest silver heist - Feb 21, 2012