Cell phones recovered from Orissa jailMay 27th, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, May 27 (IANS) The Orissa police Tuesday raided a special jail here and recovered half a dozen cell phones and many other items which prisoners are not allowed to keep with themselves under the law. Over 100 policemen searched the Jharpada jail for over two hours and recovered at least six mobile phones, a number of mobile chargers, VCD/CD players and a large number of VCDs and CDs, a police official told IANS.
The police conducted the raid after Oriya film star Leslie Tripathy alleged that she got messages and phone calls from Raja Acharya, the accused in the murder of Biranchi Das, who has been lodged in the Jharpada jail.
Das, a judo coach who shot to fame as the man who trained child marathon runner Budhia, was shot dead here April 13.
- Two convicted in Orissa for judo coach's murder - Dec 13, 2010
- Two convicted for murdering judo coach (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Trial opens in murder of marathon kid's coach - Sep 01, 2009
- Mobile phones seized in Bihar jail - Jun 23, 2011
- Orissa police file charge sheet in judo coach murder case - Aug 18, 2008
- Police protection to Orissa officials, artists - Apr 22, 2008
- Mobile phones, ganja found in Bihar jail - Jul 20, 2011
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012
- Mobile phones seized from former MP in jail - Oct 22, 2010
- Case against jail staff after mobiles found in raid - Feb 07, 2011
- Ten mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Mar 11, 2010
- Over 7,000 pirated CDs seized in Punjab raids, 15 held - Apr 23, 2010
- 15 held with over 7,000 pirated CDs (Lead) - Apr 23, 2010
- Fifteen mobile phones recovered from Bihar jail - Sep 02, 2010
- Twelve mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Apr 07, 2010