CD case: Police to take voice samples of Mulayam, Amar, BhushanJune 1st, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) The Delhi Police were allowed by a Delhi court Friday to take voice samples of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, former party leader Amar Singh and lawyer and Team Anna member Shanti Bhushan in a case related to a CD purportedly containing a conversation among them.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, passing the order, said: “In my considered opinion, the present application filed by the investigation agency is liable to be allowed as securing the voice sample of the aforesaid persons is very vital for further progress of investigation in the matter.”
The police in its plea had requested the court to grant them permission for taking voice samples of the three people.
The court accepted the police’s plea for securing their voice samples through experts from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory to ascertain the motive behind creating the compact disc (CD).
The court also allowed Delhi Police’s special cell to get the voice samples of any other person having bearing in the preparation of the CD.
The police in its application cited the court’s order passed Jan 25 for further probe in the case. The court that time had rejected the police plea seeking closure of the matter.
The CD purportedly contains a conversation that had Bhushan allegedly promising Mulayam Singh that a judge could be influenced and suggesting that his son and lawyer Prashant Bhushan would facilitate this.
- Court doesn't accept closure report in Shanti Bhushan CD row - Jan 25, 2012
- Probe Shanti Bhushan CD case properly, court tells police (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Probe Shanti Bhushan CD case properly, court tells police (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Shanti Bhushan CD row: Court pulls up police for laxity - Dec 13, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD row: Court order reserved for Wednesday - Jan 24, 2012
- Amar Singh denies doctoring CD - Apr 18, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan-Amar Singh CD not doctored: Police - Aug 30, 2011
- Amidst mud-slinging, Lokpal joint committee meets Saturday (Roundup) - Apr 16, 2011
- CD row: Prashant Bhushan files defamation suit in Supreme Court - Apr 18, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD doctored: Son Prashant (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Amar Singh dares Bhushans over controversial CD - Apr 18, 2011
- CD controversy rages, Bhushans to move apex court (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
- Chidambram assures 'fair' probe into CD row - Apr 18, 2011
- Bhushan's CD may not be tampered with, says Delhi Police - Apr 21, 2011
- Shanti Bhushan CD doctored: Son Prashant - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: bearing, cd case, closure, compact disc cd, delhi court, delhi police, forensic science laboratory, investigation agency, lawyer, magistrate, motive, New Delhi, party chief, party leader, plea, vinod, voice samples, yadav