CCTVs to monitor board exams in AhmedabadMarch 8th, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, March 8 (IANS) Closed circuit TVs (CCTVs) will be mounted in examination halls in the city to monitor the week-long state board examinations beginning Monday. Twenty-seven examination halls will have CCTVs mounted for the Class 10 and 12 examinations in Ahmedabad, which has 311 centres in all, according to education board officials.
There will be a special squad of retired Class I and II officers as well as retired teachers who have had been honoured for distinguished service, to check against irregularities during the examination.
The special squad is in addition to the normal examination squad, R.K. Pathak, chairman, Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB), told newsmen.
This time 696,330 and 80,756 students are appearing for 10th and 12th examinations in the state, respectively, which is 12 percent more than last year’s.
Asked about the leakage of question papers, GSHSEB deputy chairman R.J. Makadia said rumours were set afloat by vested interests.
There is no chance of any leak. If any such cases come to light stringent action will be taken against the concerned school or against those responsible for the leak. If it is a school it would face de-recognition, he added.
On Sunday, between 11 am and 5 pm, the students can visit their respective examination centres to check the seating arrangements, officials said.
- Odisha Class 10 board exam results posted on FB before declaration - Jun 28, 2012
- Six arrested for leaking Class 10 paper - Feb 22, 2012
- CBSE exams start - Mar 01, 2012
- 2,447 students booked in Haryana - Apr 04, 2012
- 36 arrested for leaking exam papers in Bihar - Feb 17, 2012
- Ex-servicemen to invigilate in Himachal school exams - Feb 25, 2012
- Odisha minister's effigies burnt over exam results leak (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- CBSE results: Cheating cases rise in Delhi - May 28, 2012
- Girl commits suicide after failing in board exams - May 27, 2011
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 01, 2011
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- Engineering aspirants' details uploaded - Mar 08, 2011
- Single test for engineering courses from 2013 - May 28, 2012
- Kashmir education minister resigns over examgate - Feb 10, 2012
- CBSE results: Delhi sees rise in cheating cases - May 23, 2011