CBSE results: Toppers euphoric, credit parents and teachersMay 23rd, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) Initial disbelief gave way to euphoria and celebrations as several students appearing in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 examinations found they have topped in their school after the results were announced Monday.
Aditya Grover, who topped the Delhi Public School (DPS), R.K.Puram securing 97.4 percent in science stream, said he is yet to believe that he has topped the school and never expected it. He, however, said it was the guidance from teachers and parents which paid off.
“It hasn’t sunk in yet as I was not expecting such a good result. I did not study too hard but maintained the balance,” says Grover.
Aditya, who scored 99 in mathematics and computers, wants to pursue engineering from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology.
His father V.K. Grover said he never put pressure on Aditya, who has made him proud.
“We just provided direction to Aditya but never pressurised him to do well. It’s really nice to seem him secure this percentage despite preparing for other competitive exams,” he said.
Ragini Vaid, 17, who scored 92 percent in science with maths and biology - the only one in in her school to plump for the combination - was euphoric when contacted by IANS.
“I am very happy, hard work paid off!” she said.
Being the only one in Bloom Public School with such a combination was not an easy task, she said, citing the long gruelling hours of studies, relieved by some time off the books with friends, or on social networking sites and watching television.
Tarana Chauhan of DPS (R.K.Puram), who loves dancing and partying with friends, has scored 96.8 percent in Humanities and now wants to study Economics Honours in St. Stephen’s.
“I attribute my success to my parents and the school. I was regular with my studies and never got tensed as studying continuously won’t help. DPS R.K. Puram is the best… that’s why it produces toppers,” she said.
Shruti Gulati of Apeejay School (Sheikh Sarai), with 95.6 percent in Commerce stream, is another one who never believed she would perform so well. “Frankly speaking, I didn’t expect that I will top in my school. I was scared before the results.”
She said that though she tried to be normal, the pressure naturally built up during the preparation for the exams.
“I never followed any time-table as such and didn’t take any tuitions. I would like to thank my parents who were really supportive and caring,” said Shruti, who now wants to study Commerce in Shri Ram College of Commerce.
Vikramjeet Singh, who was a football team captain of DPS R.K Puram, said he had kept clicking the refresh button on his internet browser as he could not believe that he has secured 96 percent in Science stream.
Mohini Budhiraja from Apeejay School (Saket), who secured 95.4 percent with 99 in mathematics and accounts, said that it was all her hard work and faith in God which led her to achieve this feat.
“This year has been very stressful for me as I had to score well in my exams. Finally, my consistent hard work paid off,” said Mohini.
- CBSE toppers euphoric, credit parents and teachers - May 28, 2012
- Three students top CBSE Class 12 exams in Delhi (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2010
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys; Chennai region tops (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- CBSE Class 10 results out; some happy, some disappointed - May 28, 2010
- Three Delhi students top CBSE Class 12 exams - May 21, 2010
- Girls outshine boys in CBSE Class 10 exams (Roundup) - May 28, 2010
- Balance study and play, say Class 12 toppers - May 23, 2011
- Hard work, dedication has paid off: CBSE class 12 topper - May 21, 2010
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper - May 29, 2012
- CBSE results: Girls outshine boys, Chennai tops (Second lead) - May 23, 2011
- Smiles, celebrations and some tears after Class 12 results - May 22, 2009
- Girls outshine boys in Class 12 CBSE exam (Second Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Girl power rules CBSE class 12 board exams (Second Lead) - May 22, 2009
- I worked hard, will celebrate whole year: CBSE India topper - May 22, 2009
- Near blind girl scores 91.5 percent in Maharashtra Class 12 exams (With Images) - May 27, 2010
Tags: aditya, board of secondary education, cbse results, central board of secondary education, delhi public school, disbelief, dps r k puram, euphoria, grover, gruelling hours, gulati, indian institute of technology, parents and teachers, r k puram, science stream, social networking sites, time off, toppers, vaid, watching television