CBSE helpline flooded with calls as results are declaredMay 23rd, 2011 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) Calls poured in on the Central Board of Secondary Examination’s (CBSE) helpline as the results of Class 12 examination were announced Monday.
“Calls have flooded the helplines. Students are mostly asking about results being held, compartments and procedure for rechecking. Many are also seeking advice for what to do next as they feel they have got less marks,” a CBSE official told IANS.
“Many calls are from parents who think their children have not got good marks. There are distressed students also,” he said.
The official, however, did not divulge the exact number of calls as he said it has not been estimated yet.
“The number of calls is difficult to estimate at the moment,” he said.
The post-exam helpline, which started Monday, will continue till June 6. The first phase of the toll free helpline was from Feb 1 to April 13.
This year 36 school principals, trained counsellors from CBSE-affiliated government and private schools and a few psychologists are participating in counselling and address psychological problems of the students.
While 32 of them are available in India, four are in Dubai, Qatar and Kuwait.
- CBSE opens helpline for Gulf students - Feb 02, 2010
- CBSE starts counselling for board exams - Jan 31, 2012
- Exam time: Another helpline for stressed students - Feb 10, 2012
- CBSE helpline flooded with calls - May 21, 2010
- NGO starts helpline for CBSE students - May 15, 2011
- Exam time: Dial a helpline to overcome stress - Feb 06, 2012
- CBSE issues revised counsellor list for students abroad - Feb 28, 2012
- Counsellors advise students not to take CBSE results too hard - May 23, 2009
- CBSE board students cope with last minute jitters - Feb 28, 2010
- Nervous about results? Call the CBSE helpline - May 20, 2010
- CBSE starts counselling to reduce exam stress - Feb 01, 2010
- Ajmer, Chennai, Panchkula Class 10 CBSE results Tuesday - May 25, 2009
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Anxious about board results? Call CBSE helpline - May 20, 2009
- Delhi, Allahabad, Guwahati region Class 10 CBSE results Friday - May 28, 2009
Tags: counselling, distressed students, dubai, exact number, free helpline, India, kuwait, New Delhi, parents, private schools, psychological problems, psychologists, qatar, school principals, secondary examination