CBI to quiz Shehla Masood murder accused for 3 daysMarch 3rd, 2012 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 3 (IANS) The CBI Saturday got three days’ remand of Saba Farooqui, accused of involvement in RTI activist Shehla Masood’s murder last year, from a Madhya Pradesh court.
Farooqui is a close friend of arrested co-accused Zahida Parvez. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) also recovered a car which was allegedly used to give money to the suspected contract killers by Parvez.
The CBI presented Farooqui before CBI Special Court Judge Shubra Singh in Indore and demanded her 10 days’ remand but the court allowed them only three days’ custody.
Along with Farooqui, the CBI also got the remand of Parvez and co-accused Shaqib till March 6.
According to the probe agency, Parvez, with the help of Shaqib, contacted contract killers Irfan Ali and Salim Olanga of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh to murder Masood.
Ali was arrested in Kanpur. Olanga is dead.
Sources said the CBI had got remand of Ali Saturday from a Kanpur court and will bring him to Bhopal for investigation.
The investigation agency’s officials earlier reached a vehicle showroom in the state capital and recovered a car which was exchanged two weeks back by Parvez. The car is registered in the name of her husband Asad Parvez.
Masood, 32, was shot dead in front of her house Aug 16 last year. The CBI took over the case three weeks after the murder.
- 'Jealous woman architect plotted Shehla Masood murder' - Mar 04, 2012
- No clean chit to BJP legislator in Shehla murder case: CBI - Mar 06, 2012
- CBI visits Shehla Masood's house with shooter - Mar 11, 2012
- Shehla murder: Accused says BJP legislator guilty - Apr 11, 2012
- Shehla murder: CBI gets remand of another accused - Mar 20, 2012
- CBI arrests another woman for murder - Mar 02, 2012
- Shehla Masood murder: Legislator's house raided - Mar 04, 2012
- Shehla murder: BJP legislator offers to quit party post - Mar 14, 2012
- Another arrest in Shehla Masood murder case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- CBI questions legislator in Shehla Masood murder - Mar 03, 2012
- Shehla murder: CBI recovers revolver, bike used in crime - Mar 25, 2012
- Shehla murder: Congress demands arrest of BJP legislator - Apr 12, 2012
- BJP MLA to be put through lie detector test in Masood murder case - Mar 09, 2012
- CBI hints at BJP legislator's role in Shehla Masood's murder (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Photo shows BJP leader with Masood murder accused - Mar 01, 2012