CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati case few daysAugust 28th, 2012 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) The CBI told the Supreme Court Tuesday it will file a charge sheet in the Tulsiram Prajapati staged shootout case in a couple of days.
Senior CBI counsel Vivek Tankha told this to the apex court bench of Justice Aftab Alam and Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai in the course of the hearing of the agency’s plea challenging grant of bail to former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah by the Gujarat High Court.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) also told the court that it had collected the call records showing the involvement of six to eight Andhra Pradesh cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officers in the run up to the encounter killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
The CBI maintained that Parajapati was the third passenger who was taken off the bus along with Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi while they were travelling from Hyderabad to Sangli in Maharashtra.
- CBI to file charge sheet in Prajapati killing in few days (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- No vendetta against Amit Shah, CBI tells apex court - Sep 28, 2011
- Gujarat minister headed 'crime syndicate', apex court told - Sep 28, 2011
- Strong proof against 13 cops in Sohrabuddin killing: Shah (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Sohrabuddin case: Supreme Court asks for call details (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case - Sep 06, 2012
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case - Jul 20, 2012
- CBI gets another month to probe Prajapati killing - Jun 07, 2012
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- Amit Shah headed extortion gang, CBI tells apex court - Mar 09, 2011
- CBI to probe Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case - Jan 12, 2010
- CBI seeks transfer of Sohrabuddin case out of Gujarat - Jul 30, 2010
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: aftab, alam, apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, couple of days, court bench, desai, encounter, gujarat high court, home minister, hyderabad, indian police service, New Delhi, plea, prakash, ranjana, sohrabuddin sheikh, vivek