CBI team visits Himachal to probe cash-for-judge scamSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 2 (IANS) A team of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) from Delhi visited Himachal Pradesh Tuesday to investigate a controversial land deal involving a judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, an official said.The special investigation team collected documents relating to the land deal at Rehun village on the Kumarhatti-Nahan road in Solan district.
“The CBI officials collected records of the land deal from revenue officials,” the official said.
“The records pertaining to grant of permission to buy the land and execution of sale deed were collected,” he added.
The land deal involving 18 buyers - including Justice Nirmal Yadav, her daughter Suruchi, and three family members of her brother Ajay Yadav, a Haryana Congress minister - has come under focus after the cash-for-judge scam rocked the judicial circles in Chandigarh last month.
Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge Nirmaljit Kaur alerted authorities after former Haryana additional advocate general Sanjeev Bansal’s assistant delivered a packet containing Rs.1.5 million in cash at her door. Bansal later said the cash was meant for another person and it was part of a land deal.
- SC no to quashing chargesheet against Nirmal Yadav - Sep 10, 2012
- High court dismisses ex-judge's plea against prosecution - Nov 14, 2011
- Judge bribery scandal: Himachal begins probe into land deal - Aug 29, 2008
- Cash-in-bag scam: Ex-judge told to appear in trial court - Aug 19, 2011
- CBI files chargesheet against judge in Chandigarh bribery scandal (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- CBI court issues fresh summons for former judge - May 18, 2011
- Ex-judge gets bail in cash-in-bag case - Aug 27, 2011
- Cash-at-door scam: Court adjourns hearing - May 11, 2011
- Complainant in cash-for-judge scam fails to appear in court - Jan 11, 2010
- Cash at judge door case: CBI files chargesheet against Justice Nirmal Yadav - Mar 04, 2011
- Cash-for-judge scam: Himachal orders probe into land deal - Aug 25, 2008
- CBI files charges against tainted judge - Mar 04, 2011
- Cash-for-judge scam: bar association not allowed to argue - Feb 15, 2010
- Bar association challenges CBI in cash-for-judge scam - Feb 01, 2010
- Cash-for-judge scam reaches last stages in Chandigarh - Dec 20, 2009