CBI submits report on missing Rajasthan nurseNovember 11th, 2011 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Nov 11 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday submitted its status report on the probe conducted so far into the case of missing nurse Bhanwari Devi before the Rajasthan High Court with a request that it not be made public.
The division bench of judges Govind Mathur and N.K. Jain was Friday hearing a petition filed by Amarchand, the husband of Bhanwari Devi.
CBI submitted the status report in a sealed envelope and requested the court that it should not be made public as investigations were still on. The CBI had Thursday quizzed sacked state minister Mahipal Maderana for over six hours here over his alleged role in the disappearance of the nurse.
CBI also requested the court for assigning to them a team of Rajasthan police headed by a deputy inspector general (DIG) of police-rank officer to help trace the missing nurse or her body.
But the division bench advised the CBI to approach the state government for the same. The court said, it can only interfere if the state government does not pay heed to the CBI’s request.
The court has fixed Nov 14 as the next date of hearing.
The status report also came a day after a CD was telecast on some news channels showing the nurse and Maderana in a compromising position.
The high court had asked the agency to submit the investigation report in the case.
The court had earlier told police to make ‘more serious efforts’ in searching for Bhanwari Devi.
The additional chief judicial magistrate in Jodhpur Sep 24 directed police to include Maderana as an accused and probe his role under sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.
Bhanwari Devi has remained absent from duty since Aug 25. A missing person complaint was lodged by her husband Sep 1. The complaint was then turned into a kidnapping case.
- CBI seeks more time to probe missing nurse case - Nov 24, 2011
- Court demands report on missing nurse case every other day - Oct 11, 2011
- Missing nurse: Court asks cops why all in case not quizzed - Oct 13, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI to file report in court Nov 24 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Rajasthan minister named in FIR, opposition wants him out - Sep 24, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Husband accused of involvement in disappearance - Dec 15, 2011
- Rajasthan nurse case: Key suspect in police custody - Oct 22, 2011
- CBI to probe Rajasthan nurse's disappearance - Sep 15, 2011
- Include Rajasthan minister's name in FIR: Court - Sep 23, 2011
- Search for missing nurse more seriously: High court - Sep 26, 2011
- Probing threats to CBI, Bhanwari case witnesses: Government - Mar 03, 2012
- Court wants to know progress in missing nurse's case - Sep 20, 2011
- Bhanwari case: Court seeks action against threats to CBI - Feb 27, 2012
- Nurse case: Accused sent to CBI custody till Jan 12 (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- CBI may tell court missing nurse is dead - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: absent from duty, bhanwari devi, cbi, central bureau of investigation, criminal conspiracy, deputy inspector general, division bench, indian penal code, investigation report, jain, judicial magistrate, kidnapping case, mahipal, mathur, missing person, news channels, police rank, quizzed, six hours, state minister