CBI seeks time to submit sanction against public servantMay 16th, 2012 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday requested a Delhi court to provide it with more time to submit proper sanction of prosecution against a public servant accused in a graft case.
The CBI counsel said that they required more time for getting sanction of prosecution against K.V.S. Rao, director in the Cabinet Secretariat. The CBI also sought time to file some relevant documents in the case.
Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh granted time to the CBI and deferred the matter for July 7.
The court was hearing a case against former union health minister Anbumani Ramadoss for abusing his official position in favouring pecuniary advantage to an Indore-based medical college.
The CBI filed a chargesheet in the case April 27 alleging that PMK leader Ramadoss and the other accused conspired with each other in permitting Indore-based medical college, Index Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (IMCHRC) admission for a second year despite the fact that the Medical Council of India (MCI) and a committee appointed by the Supreme Court had “repeatedly recommended” that IMCHRC was not having sufficient faculty and clinical material required as per MCI norms.
All files related to the grant of permission of a medical college used to go to the competent authority through Rao, then deputy secretary in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in 2008, the probe agency said.
The probe agency has also chargesheeted Sudershan Kumar, section officer of the Ministry Health and Family Welfare (MHFW), two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital, J.S. Dhupia and Dipendra Kumar Gupta, ex-Dean of the IMCHRC, S.K. Tongia, medical director of IMCHRC, K.K. Saxena, Nitin Gothwal and Pawan Bhambani.
- CBI files chargesheet against Ramadoss - Apr 27, 2012
- Ramadoss, eight others get bail in graft case - Aug 04, 2012
- CBI court issues warrant against Ramadoss - Jul 07, 2012
- Court seeks CBI's response to Ramadoss bail plea - Jul 20, 2012
- Ramadoss appears in graft case, moves bail plea - Jul 10, 2012
- NRHM scam: Court raps Uttar Pradesh for delay in prosecution (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Court refuses to relax MBBS eligibility for northeast tribals - Aug 10, 2011
- Former UP official gets bail in graft case - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Relax MBBS eligibility for northeast tribal students' - Aug 07, 2011
- Supreme Court stays Jaffer Sharief's trial in graft case - Jul 04, 2012
- 2G scam: Arguments on framing charges from Thursday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Former MCI president brought to Kolkata for probe - Jul 31, 2010
- Finalise rural medical course, court tells MCI (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Court asks MCI to grant additional seats in Telangana colleges - Jul 13, 2012
- CBI raids Anbumani Ramadoss' aide - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: anbumani ramadoss, cabinet secretariat, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clinical material, college index, delhi court, dipendra, documents in the case, graft case, medical college hospital, medical council of india, medical council of india mci, ministry health, ministry of health and family welfare, pawan, public servant, safdarjung hospital, two doctors, v s rao