CBI seeks custody of two arrested Gujarat copsMay 7th, 2010 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, May 7 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday sought custody of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) N.K.Amin and inspector V. Rathod, both of whom are already in jail in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh killing case.
When the plea came up in the special CBI court, Rathod sought time to engage a lawyer and the matter was posted for May 12.
Meanwhile, the CBI has sent a team to Andhra Pradesh in pursuit of clues pertaining to the abduction, by the Gujarat police, of Sheikh and his wife Kauserbi from a bus while on their way to Sangli. It is particularly looking for proof of collusion by some Andhra cops with their Gujarat counterparts.
Another team which had gone to Surendranagar is reported to have laid its hands on jewellery worth a large sum of money suspected to be part of the illegal stash of a senior police officer, who is now in their custody, who had parked it with a business associate.
Meanwhile, a court in Banaskantha district has granted five days’ police remand of Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Vipul Agrawal, who was arrested in connection with the encounter of Tulsi Prajapati, a close associate of Sohrabuddin. Prajapati was a witness to the Sohrabuddin kiling in a fake gun battle with Gujarat police.
Agrawal, currently posted as superintendent of police in Dahod district, was heading the Banaskantha district police when Prajapati was killed in a “gunfight” near Ambaji about a year after Sohrabuddin’s killing.
- Fifth Gujarat cop arrested in Sohrabuddin case - May 04, 2010
- Arrested Dahod police chief's remand extended - May 12, 2010
- Gujarat cop held for Prajapati killing in fake gun battle - May 14, 2010
- Two constables arrested in Sohrabuddin case - May 05, 2010
- Shootout chain reconstructed in Gujarat court - Jul 09, 2011
- Court offers relief to Gujarat police officer - Mar 22, 2011
- Gujarat cop held in Prajapati killing sent to police custody - May 14, 2010
- Shah grilled by CBI throughout Saturday - Aug 07, 2010
- SC rejects Gujarat's plea to review Prajapati shootout order - Jul 13, 2012
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- Sohrabuddin aide's murder also part of conspiracy: CBI - Aug 25, 2010
- CBI arrests Ahmedabad cop for Sohrabuddin killing (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Gujarat police finally hand over Prajapati case to CBI - Jun 01, 2010
- SC gives CBI two weeks' extension in Prajapati case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012