CBI searches stop bank official in ChandigarhFebruary 19th, 2008 - 11:41 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, Feb 19 (IANS) The banking fraud cell of the Central Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) Mumbai office Tuesday searched the residence of a top Punjab National Bank (PNB) officer posted here. The bank officer has been identified as R.K. Gupta, general manager of the bank for this region. The searches were conducted on PNB House in the city’s upscale Sector 2 here.
The CBI team, sources here said, also sealed the accounts of the officer in the bank’s Sector 9 branch here.
CBI sources said the searches were connected with irregularities committed by the officer during his earlier posting in Mumbai.
The team refused to give any details, saying investigations were in progress.
- CBI remand for Punjab woman police officer - Jul 25, 2011
- CBI arrests two PNB officials accepting bribe - Jul 29, 2012
- CBI books bank officials for criminal conspiracy - Feb 27, 2011
- Chandigarh's shop allotment scam involves union minister: Probe report - Mar 02, 2011
- New forensic lab for CBI opens in Mumbai - Jun 04, 2012
- Banks need to modernise, guard against fraud: CBI - May 20, 2011
- Chandigarh shop scam involves union minister: Report (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- PNB to finalise life insurance joint venture - Jul 07, 2011
- CBI arrests Punjab Police officer for graft (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- CBI raids Punjab BJP legislator's house - May 05, 2011
- CBI raids Neyveli Lignite official's house - Mar 23, 2011
- Richie rich: Punjab's millionaire woman cop in CBI net - Aug 03, 2011
- CWG scam: Kalmadi to be questioned by CBI today - Apr 25, 2011
- CBI raids engineering college in Chandigarh - Sep 08, 2010
- Chandigarh Police arrest two for tourist visa fraud - Nov 21, 2011