CBI resgisters case against Delhi-based organisationMarch 9th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case against a Delhi-based organisation and other people under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) for allegedly receiving contributions of over Rs.1 crore from abroad without the government permission.
According to the CBI statement, a west Delhi-based association/foundation received foreign contributions of Rs.1,40,53,434 without prior permission of the government during the period from 2005-06 to 2007-08.
“The case was registered on a complaint given by FCRA wing of M H A (ministry of home affairs) U/s 43 of FCRA, 2010, for CBI to investigate violations under this Act involving foreign contribution of Rs.1 crore or more or its equivalent,” said a CBI release. It did not give any details about either the organisation or the field it was engaged in.
Under the FCRA, no person having a definite cultural, economic, educational, religious or social programme is eligible to accept foreign contributions without a Certificate of Registration from the central government.
“Searches in the offices of the said foundation as well as at the residential premises of its office bearers at various places in Delhi/Gurgaon were carried out,” said CBI statement.
“The documents recovered during searches are being scrutinized. Further investigation is continuing,” the statement added.
- CBI formally charges ex-MLA for receiving foreign funds - Feb 25, 2011
- Currency row: Karmapa office assures cooperation - Dec 09, 2011
- 41 NGOs barred from receiving foreign funds - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Jamia can receive and spend foreign funds' - Sep 21, 2012
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Second Lead) - May 30, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Judicial custody of Karmapa's aide, 6 others extended - Feb 24, 2011
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- CBI busts BRO scam, books top officials (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Karmapa cash row: Police to file charge sheet - Sep 16, 2011
- Foreign currency case: Police names Karmapa in chargesheet - Dec 07, 2011
- Rs.3 crore, 30 kg gold seized from Janardhana Reddy's house - Sep 05, 2011
- Two toll employees on Gurgaon Expressway held for extortion - Sep 21, 2012
- CBI files cases against former Lt.Gen, defence official - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: 1 crore, association foundation, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central government, certificate of registration, fcra, government permission, government searches, gurgaon, ministry of home affairs, New Delhi, office bearers, regulation act, residential premises, rs 1, west delhi